Family though love

This blog is to record our journey into becoming a family after adopting our daughters June 30, 2005. Our situation is different than most, they were only placed with us June 15, 2005; so we hadn't gotten used to having kids prior to the adoption being finalized. The girls can use this blog to look back at everything they have done since joining our family.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Racism??? in 2007....


My girls started baseball last week. They are in different leagues. On Thursday we were running late because Nikki's teacher stopped me to talk. Nikki is the only girl on her team. Well, Todd got there before us and was waiting. While sitting there waiting, Todd heard two other fathers talking. One of them said "There are some kids missing" and the other father said and I quote.... "Yea, that stupid Mexican girl isn't here yet..." OK..... Stupid... Mexican.... why couldn't they just say the "GIRL"???????? Above is a picture of the beautiful (Mexican) girl they were talking about... Blows my mind.... Just had to get that off of my chest.


3 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    Hey Misty.
    Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on my blog. I can't wait to read about your very wonderful family through adoption. I am so sorry to hear about this man's ignorance. I don't think I will ever be able to understand people. But, the adoption community is wonderfully supportive and I hope you have lots of people to support you who go through similar ignorance.
    Looking forward to reading more.
    Kate

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Chelley said…

    Your daughters are so very pretty! And that man is so .......ACHHH....
    Anyways just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading your blog......

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Todd, Misty, Nicole & Leah Moore said…

    Thank you. I don't have much time to update it, as you can see. I plan on updating it tonight a little bit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home